Guiding Stars® Store Tours
Follow the Stars on a Field Trip at your local Hannaford store where they'll guide your group to more nutritious choices.
Each stop on this adventure teaches another valuable lesson.
Children embark on an experience where they'll learn how to make informed food choices using the Guiding Stars™ nutrition navigation system.
Students also discover the importance of the environment and how they can "Go Green" using the 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Field Trips create lasting memories and touch lives long after the trip is over.
- Science: Examine how Hannaford reduces its carbon footprint and what we can do to help
- Math: Measure serving size and calculate cost per serving
- Engineering: Learn where our food comes from - Farm to Table
- Shelf Tags: Discover how Guiding Stars help identify healthier food choices
- Sustainability: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Leave With a Bag of Goodies to Carry the Fun All the Way Home
here are some other ideas for your classroom
Engage your students in class with this interactive sustainability curriculum, brought to you by Hannaford. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle helps children integrate simple environmentally friendly habits into their daily lives. Lessons center around products commonly purchased or found at local grocery stores.